Okehampton & District Funeral Service
Okehampton & District Funeral Service is an Independent funeral business providing real personal care to the surrounding community. Its founder David Albery has many years of dedicated service and experience in the profession starting at the age of just 14 in North Devon. Since then he has looked after many families throughout Devon, Cornwall and Somerset. Coming from a local Devon family, David understands the local area, and the needs of the local communities within.
We provide a truly personal service, with genuine care, and professionalism. At all times families are under the personal supervision of David, nothing is delegated, so at all times families always have that personal continuity which is paramount at such a distressing time, which some large organisations cannot offer.
Each individual funeral service is tailored exactly to each individual client, and we strongly believe in giving each family the time to think things through, so that each little detail is just right, and that there is no rush, you choose what you want, and in your own time.
We are privileged to be accredited by the Good Funeral Guide, an organisation who strive to find funeral directors who provide excellence in all they do. Please click on this link which will take you to their review of our business.
Why Choose Okehampton & District Funeral Services?
- We are a small Independent family run business; we do not have multiple branches with lots of different staff. We are not a commercial conglomerate operation. You will always have the personal continuity of David who will go through all the arrangements, and look after you throughout. You are an extension of our family when in our care. During the office hours your call will either be answered by David, Prue- our Funeral Administrator, or on occasion David's Mum Kay and Aunty Carole. Outside office hours your call will be answered by David personally, not an answer phone or a call centre.
- Bespoke arrangements tailored exactly to you and your family, we are all unique and individual; we do not offer 'Packages' as some firms do as we feel you can never express the feelings, love and dedication to a loved one in a 'Package' style service.
- We are passionate about looking after people, and giving the exemplary service and standards you would expect from a locally owned funeral director.
- All of us here are friendly, caring and down to earth; we are not scary people, just dedicated to looking after you and your loved one, and making sure you have the service you want.
- Traditional or alternative arrangements, nothing fazes us. If there is anything out of the ordinary you would like, please talk to us about it.
- Competitive funeral charges. We believe we are one of the most competitive funeral services in the area; being a small firm and not having the overheads of our larger competitors we can pass these savings onto you our families, with no compromise on standards or care.
- Our funeral premises are homely, relaxed and comfortable, not austere or intimidating, with full facilities and chapel of rest.
- Please click on the following link http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Exeter-funeral-director-named-UK-8217-s-best/story-20439676-detail/story.html
Okehampton & District Funeral Service
The choice of funeral is highly personal. It should reflect your wishes and those of the person who has died. Some people want a simple funeral service whilst others prefer a more elaborate type of service.
There are many different ways a funeral can celebrate the individuality of the person who has died. This could be a small touch such as having the deceased's favourite song played at the service, or a particular theme that runs throughout the whole service which reflects the deceased's profession, hobbies or a particular colour. We will be pleased to discuss the many different choices of coffins now available, and indeed alternative venues for the service to take place, and discuss the options for non-religious funeral services.
Read About: Funeral Choices We Offer